Butterfly Pea Flower is a popular plant that flourishes in South East Asia. For centuries, communities have cherished this plant, brewing it into a delightful tea rich in flavour, as well as antioxidants and health-boosting benefits.
This special plant and flower has now gained popularity for its colour-changing nature – From its initial brew forming a deep blue hue that’s truly unique. And by adding a squeeze of lemon or lime, thanks to its pH-altering powers, sit back and enjoy its transformation from blue, to violet, to a deep pink (depending on how much you’ve added).
BENEFITS OF DRINKING BUTTERFLY PEA TEA
- Antioxidant and Anti-inflammatory
- Brain Boost
- Improve Eyesight
- Reproductive Health
- Stabilise blood sugar levels
- Beautify skin
- Strengthen hair
- Aid in Digestion
- Respiratory health
THE PRETTIEST BLUE DRINK
We’ve gone away from citrus today and sticking with a sweet milky tea, that will still surely create the most beautiful colour blend to see. This soft blue, frothed milk tea is so cosy, you might even think you’re floating on clouds. So easy to make, just add your choice of milk, a dash of honey to sweeten and drift away into the warm abyss of nature and gentleness.
- Butterfly Pea Flower Organic Tea
- Boiling water for steeping tea
- 1 tbsp. Organic honey
- 3/4 cup your choice of milk
- Frothed milk to top off.
- Put the kettle on to boil your water. As it’s boiling, add butterfly pea leaves to your tea infuser, place into your tea cup or mug and add your organic honey. Once the water is boiled, pour into a ¼ of your cup/mug. Allow your tea to brew for about 5-10 minutes depending on how deep in colour you want your tea to be. Remove your infuser.
- Add your choice of milk (optional: add your frothed milk) and top with extra honey for sweetness. Enjoy!